The purpose of Church of the Brethren Benefit Trust is to support a mutual ministry of financial services among members, employees, and affiliated agencies of the Church of the Brethren, and other people and groups that share the values of the Church of the Brethren.
Act with integrity
Lead with compassion
Provide competitive services
Encourage mutual support
Model social responsibility
To inspire responsible stewardship by delivering high quality values-driven employee benefits, financial services, and educational resources.
Building financial security
Bettering the world
As Board and staff members, we seek to awaken and fulfill the mission and vision of the organization by ―
- Embracing the spirit of God in all that we do.
- Showing unconditional positive regard* for each other and for those we exist to serve.
- Equipping ourselves to fulfill our individual and collective responsibilities.
- Empowering one another.
- Exhibiting a commitment to serve.
- Being accountable, individually and corporately, with each other and with those we exist to serve.
- Operating in a transparent and collaborative manner.
* Unconditional positive regard, a concept developed by Carl Rogers, is when one person is completely accepting of another, modeling an attitude that is demonstrated through behavior.
This Ethos statement was affirmed by the BBT Board in April 2011. It is reviewed regularly and refined as needed.